Independent Projects Overview
Project prompts will be available on Epicenter at 8:00 am Friday for full-time students and 8:00 am on Thursday for part-time students. Before you begin your project, make sure to take a moment to review the Independent Projects and Code Reviews lesson.
Ruby Database Basics Project Objectives
Your code will be reviewed for the following objectives:
- Tests are 100% passing. You may not significantly alter the included tests but you may add additional tests as necessary.
- Database is set up correctly, using standard naming conventions.
- Correct set up of a one-to-many relationship.
- Application has all required CRUD functionality.
- Sinatra routes follow RESTful conventions.
- Project is in a polished, portfolio-quality state.
- The prompt’s required functionality and baseline project requirements are in place by the deadline.
What is a polished, portfolio-quality state?
When a project is both polished and in a portfolio-quality state, this means:
- You've reviewed your project and your README prior to submitting it to make sure there are no errors or missing information and you are consistent in your indentation, spacing, and code structure.
- You are following the best practices and coding conventions we teach.
What are the baseline project requirements?
All independent coding projects at Epicodus have these baseline requirements:
- A complete and informative README
- The project's commit history demonstrates that the project’s required work schedule and hours have been met:
- 8 hours completed on Friday is required for full-time students
- 4 hours completed over the weekend is required for part-time students
- Completion of the project based on the prompt and objectives. The prompt contains details on the project's theme and features that are not always detailed in the objective. Carefully read through the prompt towards the end of your work session to make sure that you are not missing anything.
Submit your code for review to the Ruby Database Basics code review on Epicenter.
Visit Independent Projects and Code Reviews for details on how to submit, how feedback works and course completion requirements.