Using the previous few lessons as a resource, convert the Address Book Project to be viewable at localhost:8000
Here are the basic steps:
- Stop your server by typing
ctrl-c (on both Mac and PC) into the terminal at the previous project's document root.
- Clone the project and navigate to the document root in address-book.
- Change the name of 'address-book.html' to 'address-book.php'.
- Restart your server in the terminal with the command,
$ php -S localhost:8000.
- In Chrome, browse to the url http://localhost:8000/address-book.php.
- Change the name of 'address-book.php' to 'index.php'.
- In Chrome, browse to the url http://localhost:8000/.
- You can continue this excursive by adding further files and web resources. Maybe you'd like to link to a picture or two. Add a background image. Maybe you'd like to add a custom font. You should be able to do all of these things using our new server setup!