To start things off, let's get some practice using SQL statements:
- Create a couple tables of your own: one for contacts, perhaps one for phone numbers, and another email addresses.
- Add a couple columns to your tables - maybe the type of phone or email, such as work or home.
- Drop one of the columns you created.
- Add an identity column to each table you created.
- Insert information about yourself and a couple friends or family members into your tables.
- Run some
SELECTs on the tables that you created.
- Run some selects with different operators (such as
LIKE) on your tables.
- Update some of the data in your tables.
- Delete some records.
- Drop the tables you made.