Weekly independent project prompts are automatically published on Epicenter at 8:00am each Friday. Here's how you can access them:
- Login to Epicenter.
- Select your current course from the Course Listing section.
- This will bring you to a code review detail page.
- The project prompt will automatically be published to this page on Friday at 8:00am.
- Before 8:00am Friday, only the objectives will be visible. (Same objectives detailed below).
- Submit the GitHub repository containing your project in the Submission section of the code review detail page in Epicenter before 5:00pm Friday.
Your project will be reviewed on the following objectives:
- Were English specs committed in a text file before any code?
- Were passing, correctly-formatted tests in place for all behaviors before integrating Silex?
- Do specs begin with the simplest case and progress in complexity? Do they cover enough different input values?
- Is the class instantiated correctly? Is the required method being called correctly, passing it user input from a form?
- Are all previous objectives met?
- Does the application work as expected?
- Is your project in a polished, portfolio-ready state? (At minimum, this means simple styling with CSS and a layout, but the sky is the limit)
- Was required functionality in place by the Friday deadline?
- Does the project demonstrate understanding of this week's concepts? If prompted, are you able to discuss your code with an instructor using correct terminology?
For reference, here are the previous Independent Project objectives:
- Did you regularly make commits with clear messages that finish the phrase "This commit will…"? You should be committing before and after each spec and after each major code change. Projects that do not document your workflow in this way will need to be redone completely from scratch.
- Did you include a README with a description of the program, setup instructions, a copyright, a license, and your name?
- Is your logic easy to understand?
- Did you use descriptive variable names?
- Does your code have proper indentation and spacing?
- Are Twig templates in place for all pages?
Submit your code for review to the Behavior-Driven Development code review on Epicenter.
Visit Independent Projects and Code Reviews for details on how to submit, how feedback works and course completion requirements