Goal: In the Strings lesson, we learned:
- Strings can include letters, punctuation and numbers
- Strings are surrounded with quotation marks
- Variables can be set equal to strings
- To escape characters use the
Practice using this fundamental building block of programming by completing the exercises below.
- How do we declare a String?
- Do Strings require single or double quotes?
- Type a greeting to your best friend.
- Set a variable equal to a string and then display the variable's contents
- Make sure you're clear on the difference between
"9" with quotes and