To access your independent project prompt, follow these steps:
- Login to Epicenter.
- Select your current course from the Course Listing section.
- On your course page, select this week's code review from the Code Reviews section (Git, HTML & CSS for Intro students).
- This will bring you to a code review detail page.
- The project prompt will automatically be published to this page on Friday at 8:00am for full-time students. Part-time students will receive their prompts on a different schedule.
- Before the prompt is published, only the objectives will be visible. (Same objectives detailed below).
- If you are a full-time student, submit the GitHub repository containing your project in the Submission section of the code review detail page in Epicenter before 5:00 pm Friday. If you are a part-time student, check with your instructor about deadlines.
This week's independent project will be reviewed for the following objectives:
- All previous standards (last week's objectives) are in place (see below).
- Site uses branching to return the result.
- jQuery is used to show and hide the result.
- Form gathers input from the user.
- Variable names are descriptive of what they represent.
- Web page is styled using custom CSS.
- The project is in a presentable, portfolio-quality state.
- Required functionality is in place by the Friday deadline.
- Project demonstrates understanding of concepts covered this week. If prompted, you are able to discuss your code with an instructor using correct terminology.
For reference, here are last week's objectives:
- Code is clean, well-refactored, and easy-to-read. This includes correct indendation, spacing, and including only necessary comments and debugging tools.
- Commits are made regularly with clear messages that finish the phrase "It will…".
- Project README that includes, bare minimum:
- author name
- program name
- detailed setup instructions
- copyright and license information
Visit the Independent Projects and Code Reviews page for details on how to submit your code, how feedback works and course completion requirements.