Independent Projects Overview
Welcome to your first independent project! Before you begin, take a moment to revisit and review the Independent Projects and Code Reviews lesson.
Weekly independent project prompts are automatically published on Epicenter at 8:00am each Friday. Here's how you can access them:
- Login to Epicenter.
- Select your current course from the Course Listing section.
- On your course page, select this week's code review from the Code Reviews section (Git, HTML & CSS for Intro students).
- This will bring you to a code review detail page.
- The project prompt will automatically be published to this page on Friday at 8:00am.
- Before 8:00am Friday, only the objectives will be visible. (Same objectives detailed below).
- Submit the GitHub repository containing your project in the Submission section of the code review detail page in Epicenter before 5:00pm Friday.
Your instructor will review your code for the following objectives:
- The following HTML tags are all used:
- Bootstrap classes are used to style the page. This means explicitly using classes mentioned on this page, not just linking in the Bootstrap stylesheet.
- Project includes a custom-made stylesheet that uses typography styles, cascading, the box model, and floats.
- Code is clean, well-refactored, and easy-to-read. This includes correct indendation, spacing, and including only necessary comments and debugging tools.
- Commits are made regularly with clear messages that finish the phrase "It will…"
- The project repo contains a README that includes:
- author name
- project or program name
- description of program
- program setup instructions
- link to site on GitHub Pages
- copyright and license information
- Site is successfully deployed to GitHub pages.
- Project is in a polished, portfolio-quality state.
- Required content was in place by the Friday deadline.
- Project demonstrates an understanding of this week's concepts. If prompted, you can discuss your code with an instructor using the correct terminology.
Submit your code for review to the Git, HTML and CSS code review on Epicenter by the end of class on Friday. Do not submit the link to your live GitHub Pages site (ie:
your-username.github.io/your-portfolio). Instead, submit the link to the GitHub repository containing your code (ie:
Visit Independent Projects and Code Reviews for details on how to submit your code, how feedback works and course completion requirements.