Independent Projects Overview
Welcome to your first independent project! Before you begin, take a moment to revisit and review the Independent Projects and Code Reviews lesson.
To access your independent project prompt, follow these steps:
- Login to Epicenter.
- Select your current course from the Course Listing section.
- On your course page, select this week's code review from the Code Reviews section (Git, HTML & CSS for Intro students).
- This will bring you to a code review detail page.
- The project prompt will automatically be published to this page on Friday at 8:00am for full-time students. Part-time students will receive their prompts on a different schedule.
- Before the prompt is published, only the objectives will be visible. (Same objectives detailed below).
- If you are a full-time student, submit the GitHub repository containing your project in the Submission section of the code review detail page in Epicenter before 5:00pm Friday. If you are a part-time student, check with your instructor about deadlines.
Your instructor will review your code for the following objectives:
- The following HTML tags are all used:
- Project includes a custom-made stylesheet that uses typography styles, cascading, the box model, and floats.
- Code is clean, well-refactored, and easy-to-read. This includes correct indendation, spacing, and including only necessary comments and debugging tools.
- Commits are made regularly with clear messages that finish the phrase "It will…"
- The project repo contains a README that includes:
- author name
- project or program name
- description of program
- program setup instructions
- link to site on GitHub Pages
- copyright and license information
- Site is successfully deployed to GitHub pages.
- Project is in a polished, portfolio-quality state.
- Required content was in place by the deadline.
- Project demonstrates an understanding of this week's concepts. If prompted, you can discuss your code with an instructor using the correct terminology.
Submit your code for review to the Git, HTML and CSS code review on Epicenter by the deadline. Do not submit the link to your live GitHub Pages site (ie:
your-username.github.io/your-portfolio). Instead, submit the link to the GitHub repository containing your code (ie:
Visit Independent Projects and Code Reviews for details on how to submit your code, how feedback works and course completion requirements.