This is a sample job posting to use for your resume and cover letter practice.
Junior Full Stack Web Developer
KatChat Inc. is a leader in innovative social network technology looking for a talented, driven, and creative junior full-stack web developer to join our team. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions to one of the biggest hurdles facing people in the modern world: connection. We connect millions of people around the world to each other, to their communities, and to the services that benefit their lives in countless ways each and every day.
As a junior full stack web developer, you’ll be working with the Community Connection team to build a new web application to accompany our main social networking site, KatChat, that will make us even better at bringing people closer together.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, implement, debug, and test code for new web application for our main social networking site, KatChat
- Collaborate with design and development leads on application features
- Learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work independently and collaboratively to support software through the entire software development lifecycle
- Document code/processes so other developers can dive in with minimal effort
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Work experience, open-source code, or coursework in any of the following languages: Ruby, Java, Python, C#/.NET, C++ or similar.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Comfortable working with TDD and Agile development
- Working knowledge of web development standard practices
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects and work effectively across multiple teams
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally
- Adaptable and able to improvise elegant solutions to complex problems
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership of their own work.
- Eager to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Demonstrated experience in self-motivation, problem-solving and time-management.
- 1+ years of collaborative, team-oriented work
- 2+ years of full-stack development experience
- BS in Computer Science or graduation from a technical/vocational school
Salary and Benefits - FTE
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) plus matching
- On-site: exercise facility, community spaces, concert venue, cafeteria
- Healthy work-life balance and generous PTO program
Ready to Apply?
Please submit to us:
- A detailed cover letter that includes:
- Why you’ll be great at this job
- What makes you a great fit for KatChat
- A little something about you that tells us who you are
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- A portfolio of recently completed work that highlights your experience and expertise