Important: Please do not .gitignore API keys or credentials for this project unless they grant access to sensitive information. Your instructor will need access to these keys in order to review your project with you.
Project prompts will be available on Epicenter at 8:00am Friday.
For more information on recommended APIs, including examples of which API to integrate with which project category, revisit the Android Independent Projects lesson.
Your code will be reviewed for fulfillment of the following objectives:
- Implement OkHttp to retrieve data from a backend.
- Create a data model to store the data.
- Display a list of information using a RecyclerView, OR use fragments and a PagerAdapter to swipe through views. (You are also welcome to do both.)
- Incorporate at least one implicit intent; Sending a message or an email, or loading a web page for example.
- Continue using good coding practices, especially indenting properly, making logically separate Git commits, including a README, and removing commented-out code and logging statements before committing.
- Required functionality was present by the 5:00pm Friday deadline.
- Project demonstrates understanding of this week’s concepts. If prompted, you can discuss your code with an instructor using correct terminology.
Submit your code for review to the Web Service Backends and Fragments code review on Epicenter.
Visit Independent Projects and Code Reviews for details on how to submit your code, how feedback works and course completion requirements.