This week we are going to learn how to implement basic user interface elements in Android. Tools and concepts that we'll cover include:
- Android emulator
- User input
- Butter Knife
- ListViews and ArrayAdapters
- App bar
- Hierarchical relationships
- Android Manifest
- View.OnClickListener interface
At the end of the week, you will submit the first draft of a personal project of your choice which should meet the following objectives:
- Use at least 3 activities that the user can navigate to.
- Display a list of information.
- Gather user input and pass it to another activity.
- Use ButterKnife to bind all of your views.
- Implement the View.OnClickListener interface to set click listeners to view elements.
- Continue to use good coding practices, especially indenting properly, making logically separate Git commits, including a README, and removing commented-out code and logging statements before committing.